Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fashion by Father

Lew and I are using our new elliptical machine on a regular basis.  Lew uses it Monday through Friday mornings before he gets ready for work.  I use it at least four times a week, but at no specific time.  It really provides for a good workout.

My father started using the machine a few weeks ago, too.  This is to supplement the new diet that he had to go on after his doctor read him the riot act.

I saw Dad on his way to use the machine today.  And he was wearing a headband!  Oh, where was my camera?!

But I knew immediately why he was sporting this accessory.  In fact, I've been thinking about wearing one myself.  I start to sweat -- a lot -- and the sweat drips into my eyes.  A headband would certainly help.

My sister Debbie dropped by the house shortly after Dad finished his workout.  The raise of her eyebrows indicated that she had noticed Dad's fashionable head wear.

By the way, the headband was black.  He also has a white one.

(Postscript:  In case you're wondering, Mom uses the elliptical machine, too.  I think she's up to a minute and a half.)

No comments: