Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dad: Unedited XXVIII

(The spelling is "Roethlisberger."  Is that so hard?  Enjoy Dad's post!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  Another week -- Another storm!

I finally received the bill for my truck repair.  Almost enough for a home equity loan but not quite.  Whew!

Josh's team finished league play going 8 wins and 0 losses.  He had two good hits and while catching threw out a runner at second.  Now we get ready for another session.  Hopefully when this is over spring will be in the air.

Well, what can I say.  How can a team win a game 45-3 and just a few weeks later go out and lose a game to the same team as lopsided as the Patriots did last Sunday evening?  Disgusting!  I've concluded that "trash talk" works and the talk got into their heads.  Ever since the loss to the Giants when the Pats were going for 19-0, they can't win a playoff game.  I thought, at times, that Tom Brady looked scared and confused.  At times there was a faraway look in his eyes.  It was TV time at its worst.  So there!

I have suddenly become a huge fan of Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Green Bay.  My sister-in-law, Dalmetta, was a huge Steelers fan before her death a few years ago.  She would get her Steeler jersey on while watching the games on television.  I believe her jersey was Jerome Bettis (The Bus).  We were always at war as I wanted the Steelers to not be a factor in the playoffs.  They have done well with "Big Ben" and I want them to play their best game of the year when the "loud-mouthed Jets" come to town.  I do not want Manning, Brady, and "Big Ben" to all be beaten by the Jets!  Notice I didn't use Ben's last name as I can't spell it.

If the Jets should beat the Steelers, I will admit that they earned the trip to the "Bowl."  Three wins on the road in playoff football is quite an accomplishment.

A month ago I thought maybe Boston would have four championships.  The Celtics, Bruins, and the revamped BoSox all look good.  Maybe the Pats will be in the "Bowl" next year and complete the four championships then.  Surely I jest!  I can dream, can't I?

Go Pittsburgh!  The winner of Chicago vs. Green Bay will be my hope to win the "Bowl."

Until next time.

Toodle Pip!  Derf.

No comments: