Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Achy

I had a little bit of a headache earlier, but the rest of me has been slightly achy today, too.

Why is that?  Some thoughts follow....

I've been using the elliptical machine pretty regularly.  I think I heard once that people my age should take a "day off" every now and then so that their muscles can heal.  But I already do that.  More days off?

Lew and I have a sleep number bed.  It has allowed us to be happily married -- I set my side on 95 and his is on 40 (or 45).  That's a pretty big difference, as the highest setting is 100.  If my bed is too soft, I get achy.  So, I just checked my side and it was at 70.  Oops.  I reset it.

I've been doing a lot of computer work lately, given the year end.  This tends to tense my shoulders up a bit.  So, maybe tomorrow I'll work a little less on the computer.  Maybe.

My aches and pains are probably due to a combination of all of the above.

Lew gave me a "white noise" machine for Christmas.  It has 12 different sounds -- four sounds for each of three different categories.  The categories are Relax, Sleep, and Renew.  I need the "Sleep" category the most, but now I shall go enjoy some "Relax" time.

Here's to a hopefully less achy day tomorrow!

No comments: