Thursday, January 20, 2011

Delusional TV

The 10th season of American Idol began airing last night.  I have written in the past about our approach to watching this program.  We record it and watch it later. Being able to skip the commercials saves a lot of time.  A lot of time.

Lew and I just watched last night's show.

The first few episodes of the season (when they show the good, the bad, and the ugly) always leave me wondering if some of these people are really serious.  They come out for their audition, sing (and stink at it), tell the judges that all their friends and family compliment them on their singing, and then cry when they don't make it to Hollywood.  And then they deliver tearful, parting remarks for the camera:

"They've taken my dream away!"
"I just have to sing!"
"My music is how I share my heart with the world!"

Really?

Gag me!

No comments: