Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shopping With Emily

After yesterday's mishap, the microwave needed some cleaning.  So....while Lew did that and the laundry, I went shopping with Emily.  (That's fair, right??)

Emily and Matt gave me a gift card to the Dressbarn for Christmas.  If I used the gift card today, then I got an additional 15% off of my purchase, so today seemed like the right day to go.  Emily and I met there around 2:00 and spent only about an hour in the store.  In that time I found what I was looking for (jeans and black dress slacks) plus a few more fun items (like socks and polka-dotted PJ's).

The real point of the shopping trip was represented by the other gift card I received from the newlyweds.....Friendly's Ice Cream!  Emily and I topped off our successful Dressbarn outing with a late lunch.  I am still thinking about the delicious Sundae that I had for dessert.

I really like shopping with Emily.  She is good at helping me find just the right thing, and she believes that shopping must always involve ice cream.  :)

1 comment:

Emily T. said...

This is so very true. Of course, if you ever happen to feel the urge for just a trip to Friendly's without shopping, please do not hesitate to call....