Friday, January 14, 2011

Drama Queen Moment

Lew had a big lunch today, so we decided to "eat light" tonight.  By the words "eat light" we mean that we each figure out our own meal.  He decided on cereal and toast.  I decided on a Lean Cuisine.

After I put my meal in the microwave and started it up, I began jumping up and down in the kitchen like a hysterical teenage girl.  Lew was standing in the kitchen as well and I not-so-calmly told him, "I'm using the microwave!  I'm scared!"

It has been an entire week since the sweet potato incident.  I had not operated a microwave since then.

Lew and I stood in the kitchen, hugging each other and watching the microwave do its thing.  He asked me if there were any potatoes in my meal.  Ha ha.

My dinner turned out just fine.

Baby steps....

(Postscript:  The microwave still has a bit of a smoky smell, which we believe will be remedied by replacing the filter.  That's on the "to do" list for next week.)

1 comment:

Hoosier Waldens said...

Wendy says she sympathizes with your cooking disaster as she tried to boil eggs without water recently. Almost burned the house down. You'll feel okay using the microwave soon, we know Tracy. Just a freak accident. Hmmmmmm
Glad Derf didn't hurt himself when he fell and Josh's concert sounded great. Hope you can get out from the snow already and Go Pats!!!!!!