Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Google-dee-Good

Another quiet day for me as I continue to recuperate from my cold.  Hopefully I will be able to participate in normal life tomorrow.

I just "Googled" a few things, and may I say that Google is one of the greatest things on the Internet?  I don't think I've ever failed to find what I was looking for when using Google.

I watched a silly teeny-bopper movie a few years ago.  A couple lines from the movie run through my head every now and then, but I haven't been able to remember the name of the movie.  Today I finally put one of the lines into Google, and what do you know?  The name of the movie is "Jawbreaker."  (This is not a recommendation for the movie.  It's got a creepy kind of plot, in my opinion.)

I went to bed fairly early last night.  I didn't get up early, but the following quote came to mind today:

"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."

Hmmm...who said that?  Thanks to Google, I have been reminded that it was Benjamin Franklin.

One of my church friends posted on Facebook that she found a yummy recipe for Banana Whoopie Pies with Peanut Butter filling.  She didn't indicate which recipe she found, but my Google search came up with quite a few recipes....even a gluten free one!

I know that there are other search engines on the Internet.  Are any of them better than Google?  If so, please let me know!

No comments: