Saturday, January 15, 2011

Does That Add Up?

After breakfast with our friends this morning, Lew and I made a trip to Staples.  I purchased our 2010 tax preparation software and some adding machine paper rolls.

While working on projects at home recently, I wished that I had an adding machine.  So, I bought one about a week ago.  But I needed some paper rolls, hence today's purchase.

I used an adding machine quite often at my recent job.  Yet the machine that I had on my desk was this teeny little thing -- kind of like a Tinker Toy version.  And it didn't work very well.

I asked a few times about getting a "big girl" adding machine, but I never got one.  I guess the company didn't want to spend the money.  I find this amusing, as the machine I bought for myself cost a mere $30.  Isn't that a small price to pay to please a "valued" employee?  (I've stopped trying to figure that one out!)

No comments: