Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Must Read Again

Lew and I just finished watching The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.  We enjoyed it.

I read the whole Narnia series during the winter break of my senior year in college.  After watching the movie, I think I would like to read through the series again.  I have a nice hard-cover set that I bought over 20 years ago, and maybe it's time to dust those books off.

Other than the Bible, there are very few books that I have read more than once.  This is not to say that I have a good recollection of the books that I've read.  When I read non-fiction, I am the type of reader that reads for the "gist" of what's being said.  (I think that's one reason why I'm terrible at trivia.)  When I read fiction, it's for enjoyment.  I can pick up a novel that I read ten years ago and kind of remember what it's about.  But I could read it again and be totally entertained once more.

Besides the Narnia series, I can think of several other books that I would enjoy reading again.  To name a few:  Gone With the Wind, Crime and Punishment, and the entire Little House on the Prairie series.

But I doubt that I will do any of this re-reading soon.  Why?  Because there are still so many other books that I need (and want) to read for the first time!

No comments: