Saturday, January 29, 2011

History Was Made Tonight

Lew and I just got home from a wonderful dinner out with some friends.  The food was good, but the best part of the evening was spending time with a couple people that we don't see nearly often enough.

Something happened after we were done eating our meal, and it was a first.

It had never, ever happened before tonight.

It was historical.

When our waiter asked if we wanted dessert, we all responded "No, too full" (or something like that).  But Lew and our friends decided to get coffee, so I ordered another raspberry iced tea.

Then, before the waiter left the table, Lew said, "Actually, I would like a piece of cheesecake."

I almost passed out.

When we go out to eat, sometimes we both get a dessert.  But usually, I am the one who wants dessert and I force Lew to take a few bites of what I order.

Tonight was the first night -- in 10 and a half years of marriage -- that Lew ordered dessert and I did not.

In the words of Bob Dylan:
"The times they are a changin'....."

2 comments:

Kim said...

Did he share with you? SMILE!

Tracy said...

No, he did NOT share!
But, then again, I didn't ask him to....
:)