Monday, September 13, 2010

Our Economic Stimulus

Lew has indicated that he does not want to know how much money we have spent in the past few weeks.  So, I am keeping quiet on the actual amount.

We have had two major expenditures:
1)  A bunch of stuff related to the wedding.
2)  New exercise equipment.

I believe I have previously blogged about the wedding!  :)

Our new exercise equipment was delivered last Tuesday.  We got a home gym to replace the one Lew recently sold.  (This new one is easier to adjust -- even I can figure out how to use it.)  We also got an elliptical machine.

We weren't planning on buying an elliptical machine when we originally visited the workout store.  But, I tried it.  I liked it.  We talked about it.  We went back.  I tried it.  I still liked it.

As we were making the final decision about whether to spend the money, I asked Lew, "Aren't I worth it?"

OK, so that wasn't fair.  But it was funny.  Even the guy in the store told Lew that "it was all over."  (And in my defense, Lew really was on board with buying it.  He uses it, too.)

So, if the economy is still tanking, please know that Lew and I are not to blame.

No comments: