Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A New Approach to Lunch

I usually only take a half-hour lunch break at work.  I take my lunch out to the break room and eat it.  I often read during this time, too.

Yesterday, I needed to run an errand, so I left the office during my lunch half-hour.  As hard as it was to return to work, I still felt like the afternoon went better because I had "freed" myself for a bit.

So, today I went out again.  Same result!

As long as the weather is not icky, I think I will find little errands to run during lunch.  (I happen to work fairly close to a lot of handy places.)

As for eating, my new plan is as follows:

Morning break:  Rice Cake (cheddar flavor -- yum!)
Around noon:  Meal bar while working at my desk
Afternoon break:  Apple

I haven't determined tomorrow's errand yet, but Thursday it's a haircut!

No comments: