Friday, September 24, 2010

Casual Friday

We have "Casual Friday" at my workplace.  I really enjoy wearing blue jeans to work.  I am much more comfortable in my "casual" attire.  Why can't we have "Casual Monday through Thursday" as well?  The only people I see at work are the people with whom I work, so I do think my idea should be considered.

I guess the dress code police believe that people perform better at work if they're dressed nicely.  But is this a scientific fact?  If we "dress for success" are we indeed prone to be more successful?  Do the clothes really make the man?

My workplace is "business casual" on Mondays through Thursdays.  I do push the envelope a bit by wearing black jeans sometimes.  And I wear sneakers when my feet can't stand the thought of "real" shoes.  (Pun intended.  Get it?)

For the record, I have not proposed my desired dress code of 24/7 blue jeans at work.  But one can hope!

(Postscript:  To be completely candid, I think my clothing preferences are heavily based on my hatred of ironing.  Ugh!)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am wearing Ryu's Levis every day, except for Sunday at church. And, probably will until I am SICK AND TIRED of them. After years of dressing ... better, it will take time to get tired of them, I'm sure!