Monday, October 18, 2010

Update on Grammy

Lew's mother, Verlie (a.k.a. Grammy) was diagnosed with vertigo during her recent hospital stay.

Last Friday afternoon -- right before leaving for our choir trip -- the hospital called to tell us that they were moving Grammy to a rehab facility.  And, wouldn't you know it, the facility is only about a mile from our house.  (Thank you, God!)

She's still suffering from the vertigo, but she has not lost her feisty spirit.

When I stopped to see Verlie today, she told me about her breakfast.  They served her pancakes, and she said that they were actually quite good!  She also said that a young worker there (who looked to be about 13 years old, in her opinion) spilled some orange juice on her.  I wish I could write the story as humorously as she told it to me.

Verlie is a Dallas Cowboys fan.  She was able to watch their game yesterday on the TV in her room.  The Cowboys lost.....again.

When I visited her yesterday, there was no remote for her TV.  Gasp!  But when I arrived today, I noticed that she had one on her table.  She said the staff was able to find it for her.  She's probably getting ready to watch a little of the Monday Night Football game.....if she's not asleep already.

Thank you for your continued prayers for Grammy.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so glad she got a little settled in. Is this a short-term place? Not sure what to say about the Cowboys! Hmmmm.