Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Next Best

During the Major League Baseball season each year, my hope is that the Boston Red Sox will win the World Series come October (or early November).  That has happened twice in my lifetime -- in 2004 and 2007.

I have lamented in earlier posts that 2010 has not been the Red Sox' year.  They did not even make the playoffs, which is...uh...kind of a prerequisite for winning the World Series.

But, for this Red Sox fan, the next best thing is that the New York Yankees do NOT win the World Series.

And last night, the Texas Rangers defeated the Yankees to wrap up the American League Championship.  Yahoo!  There was much dancing going on when I was telling my mother-in-law about this today.  (I was doing the dancing.  Grammy's not a baseball fan.)

So, even though the World Series has not even been played yet, the season has already ended on a high note for me.

I usually don't like to settle for less than the best, but in this case the next best will do!

No comments: