Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Suffer An Injury

I am not known for being graceful.

Yesterday morning I was walking up the stairs, holding Pepper, when I sort of slipped.  I began to fall forward.  My first thought was, "I'm going to land on and kill the cat."  Pepper somehow managed to escape from my arms unscathed.  I, however, ended up jamming my left foot pretty hard as I tried to catch myself.  I didn't actually fall, which I guess is a good thing.

I assessed the bodily damage.  The "little piggy" that "had none" was really the only thing that hurt.  Another good thing.

I proceeded on with my day.

When I took my shoes and socks off last night, I beheld the following lovely sight:























It looked worse this morning.  I happened to have a doctor appointment scheduled for today, so I showed him my toe while I was there.  He thinks that it can be saved!  :)

There's really nothing to do for it, other than wait it out.

The nurse commented on my long toes.  I told her that my mother says it's a sign of royalty.

See!  I really am a princess!

1 comment:

Kim said...

OUCH, and YOU ARE TOO FUNNY!!! And you ARE a Princess!