Sunday, October 24, 2010

Late Blooming

Have you ever experienced something long after you should have?

I collapsed on my bed after arriving home from church today.  Pepper decided to join me and sat right on top of me.  She was one happy kitty, which brought me back to my junior year in college....

A friend and I were house-sitting one weekend for one of my professors, who had several cats.  One of the cats was sitting on my lap, and it started to make a really strange noise.  I became quite alarmed and said to my friend, "What is he about to do?"  My friend answered, "Probably kiss you!"

OK, so I had never heard a cat purr before that.  But hey, it only took 20 years.

(Postscript:  Another college friend knew a gal who had never seen a cow until she was in her 20's.  And that cow was in a zoo.)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I don't feel so bad asking some SC students with farming experience about how chickens reproduced!