Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dad: Unedited XVI

(I have enjoyed receiving my father's posts via e-mail while he and Mom have been in Illinois.  Perhaps my mother will agree to continue e-mailing them to me after they have returned to Maine.  She can type them on her computer downstairs, and then she can e-mail them to me for retrieval on my computer upstairs.  Yes, I think this is a splendid plan....Enjoy!  --  Tracy)

Derf here!

Spouse and I will be on our way back to Maine in a couple days--so this is my last "Hi" from the Midwest until our next trip to IL.

Since last post we've taken part in a country church 'Gospel Sing'. Watched Kelsey (a top notch Drum Major) help lead her Eureka High School Band to a state title. First place in their class--they won all awards in class except for 2nd and 3rd place trophies, including high achievement in music performance; visual performance; effect; and best crowd appeal. We saw a superb performance by Joe's college choir in their debut in a local church, especially a brilliant performance by a Soprano I, Kaelen Henry. To relax we watched the Patriots sneak to a not-so-well-deserved victory. On Monday Kim, spouse and I visited my sister Jean and niece Wendy in Indy and that evening watched the Celtics win their home opener. Quite a time--now it's time for the trip home!!!

Last summer we were 'doggie day care' for the Henry family dog, Cocoa. We thought we had successfully trained Cocoa for society. It seems that this cockapoo has a need to chew, chew, chew and chew some more.

Destruction of shoes, slippers, clothes, socks, doors and a variety of other items are part of Cocoa's daily duties. I must say he takes his work seriously. He occasionally will do a "no-no" on a rug, even though we take him out in the clean air on the hour. He makes a fine statue figure in the leaves as he stoically stands without moving a muscle. As I'm writing this he is on the floor beside me behaving quite well actually. This behavior is slightly abnormal for Cocoa. It was only a couple days ago that he chewed the thumb off Kim's glove. I suggested sewing up the thumb hole and removing her thumb but was resisted by all. Destroyed items are too many to name but you get the idea. Don't you?

As I read the above to Kim she welled up with tears. She threatened to take Cocoa to work with her.

I will admit a cuter, more loving dog could not be found! I know that all Cocoa's problems could be solved with a muzzle and a diaper.

I must hurry now and take the small cute, cunning, conniving beast for a walk because it is on the hour....

....Back in house and must announce success was achieved!! Cocoa was so proud.

Until next week from Maine.

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

(Postscript:  Tracy here.  Kim texted the following picture to me so that I could include it with Dad's....I mean, Derf's....post for today.  This is the "fine statue figure in the leaves!")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A mop with active teeth ;-)