Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dad: Unedited XIV

(This is the fastest I have ever entered my father's post!  "Copy and Paste" is a wonderful thing.  Enjoy! -- Tracy)

A big Midwestern Hellooo. Derf Here!

Here we (spouse & I) are in Eureka, Illinois after traveling a couple days in our old new motor home. We made it here - now we hope to make it home in a couple of weeks. It was kind of fun sleeping in the MH between two semis.

If you have read my exciting past posts you are aware of the fact that all our licensed vehicles have "Bantam" as a license plate. Included are a cah, pickup, Motah Home, trailah, and the 1939 Bantam. I also mentioned that if you ever see a vehicle from Maine with a 'BANTAM' license plate give a wave and a toot.

Well, while travelling in Ohio on route 480 headed to the Ohio turnpike a red vehicle passed us and driver waved out the window. Then the car let us pass and continued on beside us with a toot while lady with a big grin waved at Mary Lou. Was this a coincidence or had she somehow seen my blog and was responding to it? Spouse thinkin' 'yes'--I think 'no'.

Spouse thinks lady is known to my sister, Jean and has been told to read the blog. I have a couple theories that make much more sense.Our wheel cover has our name on it as well as all of our daughter's married names (Gowen, Reed, Henry, Tibbetts). One may have been her last name and she responded. Another possibility was that she saw the Maine plate and is originally from the Pine Tree State. Perhaps she was travelling with another vehicle and was waving and tooting as they went separate ways. It was an interesting event to us which is probably quite boring to you. Such is life.

We hope to attend Eureka band events at University of Illinois and Illinois State University the next couple weeks as granddaughter Kelsey is a drum major (a very good Drum Major). Also we have a choral concert to attend for Kelsey, and have a chance to see granddaughter Kaelen sing with the Eureka College choir at a local church on October 24.

I am now done writing for today. I must now get someone to type this and send to Tracy via e-mail so she can post it on her blog or I won't get paid.

I will keep you posted the next couple weeks while visiting here in the mid-west.

Toodle Pip! Derf!

The Wheel "Covah" on the back of the "Motah" Home

No comments: