Monday, October 25, 2010

Cookies and Cat Hair

Because I am not employed at the moment, I am setting goals on what I need to accomplish.  Otherwise, I would sit around watching TV and eating chocolate all day.  Or perhaps I should say Newman-O's.  They are the Paul Newman brand of what we would say is an Oreo cookie.  We bought a package for Lew a week ago and they are already gone.  He only ate 5 of the cookies.  When we went shopping a couple days ago, we bought another package for him.  I pledged to not eat any of them this time.  As far as I am concerned, we are now calling them "N-O's."

Back to my goals....

Amongst other things, one of my goals for this week is to get rid of the matted hair that is on the upper-right side of Pepper's belly.  She's had it for a while.  When I try to use the brush near it, she tries to bite me.  Today I decided to go after it with the God-given tools known as my fingers.  Pepper was sitting on my lap in an appropriate sprawl for me to try to work some of it out.  And she actually put up with it!  I think she knew I was trying to help her.  I made some progress, but she eventually tired of it.

I will keep trying.

It is really good to have goals.

1 comment:

Lew said...

A good first step, but don't bite of more than you can chew.