Monday, October 11, 2010

An Attempt at a Productive Day

Today marked the beginning of my first full week of unemployment.

With Grammy's hospitalization, we decided it really, really is time to look into a long-term solution for her living situation.  She currently lives by herself, albeit next-door to Lew's brother.  So, my charge for today was to start making some phone calls and get some information.

Today was not a good day to start this venture, due to the Columbus Day Holiday.  Places were closed.

Dad had a piece of outgoing mail that I put in the mailbox this morning.  When the mail had not come by 5:30 p.m., I realized that it would not be coming.  Again, due to the Columbus Day Holiday.

Pepper and I ended up taking a nap this afternoon.  We were both sleepy.  I think it was due to the Columbus Day Holiday!

(Postscript:  My parents left at 4:30 a.m. this morning for their trip to see Kim and her family.  They are riding in style in their new-to-them RV.  Mom and I texted quite a bit.  We have unlimited texting now, you know, as we are very hip!)

1 comment:

Suzy and Barry Gaeddert said...

Traciffer! Are you really unemployed like me right now? I am hoping and praying you are enjoying your time and doing things you love. That's what I am doing these days :) (Yes, I am taking chemo pills, but it looks like it is only the first day that knocks me out of my "playing.") How fun that your folks are on an adventure to Illinois. Our parents are so special, aren't they? Love and hugs to you! Suzy