Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dad: Unedited XIII

(As I type in my Dad's post, I try to think of a good introduction.  For this one, I was going to address the number of phone calls and neighbors.  But now I've got nothing!  Enjoy.  -- Tracy)

Hi Ho Folks!  Derf here!

I'm sitting here watching the Texas Rangers beat up on the Tampa Bay Rays and listening to the wind and heavy rain as the weather pattern seems to have certainly changed to a fall-ish fiasco.  I'm not fond of what the weather is currently and especially what lies before us in the next few months.  Yuck!  Time to put the plow on.

Since "Mainely Tracy" posted Monday, my phone has been ringing off the hook as people are asking me about the "bloody sock."  Well, it happened this way....

Every Monday is trash day and I have my routine.  I must get a trash bag from the back stairs that lead to the second floor.  I opened the door and placed my foot on the bottom step.  My foot slipped.  I then banged against the opened door, slamming it into the door jamb of the bedroom.  Unfortunately on the door was a framed "Riding High" poster with a glass front.  A loud crash occurred causing the frame to crash to the floor.

In a moment several neighbors came running to see what had happened.  That's when I noticed my slipper had come off and my left foot was bloody on the outside of the ankle bone.  I still can't figure out how the cut was there as this was the furthest place from the crash.  I guess glass pieces travel in strange ways.

Subsequently I cleared the house of all the neighbors and cleared up the area, using the vacuum.

Then to the foot.  After getting blood all over the floor, we (spouse and Tracy) managed to get a bandage on the cut.  I had several comments that it needed stitches.  Being stubborn I didn't listen and toughed it out.

Upon putting on a sock, the blood seeped through and reminded us of the "Curt Schilling incident."  At that time I realized I'd never pitch in the World Series!

I now have a double band-aid on the cut with a neosporin base.  It looks as though survival is certain.

Before closing I must 'fess us.  I only received one phone call and the only neighbor that showed up was Tracy (same building).

We (spouse and I) are planning on a trip to Illinois next week and I hope to get my usual Wednesday blog done via e-mail.  This will require extensive help from others.

Until then.

Toodle Pip!  Derf.

No comments: