Friday, October 15, 2010

Stuck on Me

While my parents are visiting my sister in Illinois, I am in charge of taking care of five things: Pepper and four plants.

I decided this morning that I would water the plants, as I had not done so since my folks left on Monday.  (Pepper usually watches me while I do the watering chore.)

I was on the last plant -- a hanging one -- when something fell down on my left hand.  What in the world?  It was sticky, sticky, sticky, and as I tried to get it off of me, it just got worse.

It turned out to be a strip of flypaper.  There were no flies on it, so I felt that it was safe to throw out.  It was all tangled in on itself anyway.

In case this ever happens to you, and you need to wash the incredibly sticky goo off of your hands, please note:

-- Liquid hand-soap is useless.
-- Bar soap is mildly better, but still not very effective.
-- A hand-scrub product will work -- the kind that is akin to sandpaper in its feel.  But you must rub it into your hands much more vigorously than it was meant to be rubbed in.

Before I threw out the flypaper, I read the little capsule that it was attached to.  My parents had disregarded the warning:  "Keep out of the reach of children."

1 comment:

Kim said...

YUCK! Next time try butter or peanut butter! Hoping there is no next time!