Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Deserted Island: Songs (Christian)

I hand-wrote the following list several weeks ago, tacked it up on my very small bulletin board, and forgot about it until yesterday.  Because winter has been wreaking havoc with my creative juices, I will take advantage of my discovery and continue my deserted island series.

The point of this series is to reveal more about myself, so it is not against "the rules" to break some categories into sub-categories.  Thus, instead of just five songs, I will allow myself five songs in each genre that I decide to include.  (This is not cheating.  My blog, remember?!)

I chose songs that can be purchased on iTunes from the albums that I've specified.

It was tough to decide, but here are the five Christian music songs that I would want with me:

"The End of the Beginning"
(by David Phelps; album "God Bless America")
Perhaps my favorite song ever.

"Free"
(by Steven Curtis Chapman; album "Signs of Life")
A death-row inmate finds the Lord, is forgiven, and is free indeed.

"Help Me God"
(by Kathy Troccoli; album "Love and Mercy")
I will undoubtedly have some anxious days on the island!

"Easter Song"
(by 2nd Chapter of Acts; album "Encores")
Lew and I listen to this each Easter morning.  Gotta have it.

"We All Need"
(by Bryan Duncan; album "Anonymous Confessions of a Lunatic Friend")
No matter our station in life, we all need the redeeming love of Jesus.

I could listen to the above songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

No comments: