Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard....Yawn....

It snowed most of the day today, but I had some "out of the house" things to do.  So, I ventured out.  I am very glad that I did, because tomorrow is definitely going to be a "go nowhere" day.  We are supposed to get tons and tons and tons of snow.  We've had so much snow, that it's almost getting to be kind of boring --although the local weather people still seem really excited when they report on it.

One of the highlights of my day was lunch with my friend Carmen.  She had to drive a lot further than I did, but she is a real trooper.  I told her she had to e-mail me when she got home, so I would know that she arrived safely.  (She did.)

I'm still amazed by how aggressively some people will drive in the snow.  I stopped to put gas in my vehicle, and I thought a pickup truck was going to run into me while I was at the pump.  He came in the yard too fast and spun out of control.  Fortunately he stopped before he hit anything....or anybody.  (And, Mom, he was never very close to me at all.  I just wanted to make it sound more exciting for my blog.)

I also saw a pizza delivery car fooling around -- he was purposely letting the rear end of his car swerve back and forth on the snow.  I saw him do it twice.  The first time was a little unnerving, because he was right behind me and I was stopped at a red light.  (Now, Mom, this guy did get a little too close.  But I think my CRV could have taken his little car, if it came to that....)

So, it's now time for some hot tea.  And I think I'll go put all of the warm blankets on the bed.  Brrrrr!

No comments: