Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pepper's Sun

Pepper loves to be warm.

I think her favorite spot is my mother's lap.  Actually, she kind of stretches her way all up until her face is in my mother's face.  Mom has somehow perfected the art of reading the paper, doing the puzzles, and talking on the phone while the cat is invading her space.

Pepper enjoys the sun.

She comes over to my side of the house every morning to get a little natural sunlight.

And she loves shadows that move.  Our most recent daily game takes place in the living room.  The sun comes in through the front window, and I hold my hand in front of it to make a shadow.  I wiggle my fingers and move throughout the patch of sun.  Pepper tries to "catch" my finger shadows.  She is quite a little pouncer.  And she doesn't seem to get discouraged when she doesn't "catch" anything!

When there is no sun, Pepper still manages to find it.  Her "sun" is what we would call a light bulb.  She will sit anywhere so that she can feel its heat.  A prime spot for her is on the back of our love seat.  I will even turn the lamp on just for her when she's sitting there.

She really is a spoiled kitty!

No comments: