Sunday, February 27, 2011

Where, Oh Where, Could It Be?

I have a pocket calendar that I keep on my bedside shelf.  I use it to write down what I want to share with Lew for our evening devotion time.  Until a couple nights ago, I had a paper clip marking my place in the calendar.

I use the word "until" because I couldn't find the paper clip after we had finished our devotion.  I didn't exactly freak out, but I did try to find the paper clip.  I had visions of it poking Lew in the eye as he slept.  Or worse yet, of the paper clip poking me in the eye.

Well, Lew told me not to worry about the paper clip.  Actually, I believe he used the word "obsess."

Me?  Obsess about something?  Never!

It's been two days since the paper clip was lost, and I have yet to find it.  But I'm not obsessing.

As part of our prayer each night, we pray that God would be with us in our dreams.  The dream that I had last night is proof that God has a sense of humor.

I dreamed about the paper clip!  I had found it in the kitchen sink.  When I picked it up, a bunch of other paper clips followed it.  They were clogging up the whole sink.  I'm still chuckling a bit about this dream!

But I really have very few obsessive tendencies.  I have pretty much forgotten all about that paper clip.

No comments: