Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lew and Dad Do a Good Deed

My sister Debbie's in-laws are taking their entire family on a cruise this coming week.  It is school vacation for the boys, so escaping to a warmer climate sure does sound like a fabulous idea!

As no cruises originate locally, they had to fly first.  Their flight left out of Portland early this morning.  A total of seven people needed to be driven to the airport.  Lew and my father were the chauffeurs for the travellers.

We are fortunate that the airport is not too many miles away.  Otherwise, Lew and Dad would have had to get up even earlier than they did.

4:00 a.m. is early enough, isn't it?!

(Postscript:  I woke up when the alarm went off.  As Lew was getting ready to leave, I told him that this really was "true love."  I also said that this is why I married him -- so that he would be around to participate in this morning's airport run.  I don't believe he laughed.... 4:00 a.m. might be too early to make jokes.)

No comments: