Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dad: Unedited XXXI

(I think that my father is looking forward to winter's end.  Now, where did I get that idea?  Ha ha!  Enjoy.  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  Still snowed in with freezing temperatures!

Josh's baseball team ended in a tie so they still are undefeated.  They play one and one-half hour games every Friday evening.  Indoor baseball in Maine in the winter.  What a way to spend an evening.  The kids have fun while learning the game.  Most teams rotate all players so they play most positions, including pitcher.  Josh pitched one inning a week ago and gave up the only run.  He walked two, then hit a batter.  Then he walked another, forcing in a run.  He then struck out the side.  He also pitched in the last game.  He pitched to only four batters.  One reached on an error and he struck out three for the inning.  A much better performance than the previous week.  Spouse missed last week, so she takes credit for the pitching turnaround.  I wonder what this week will bring!

I hope everyone enjoyed the Super Bowl.  Spouse wanted Pittsburgh to win (in honor of her sister).  I was kind of hoping for Green Bay to win as I wanted to see Charles Woodson get a ring.  He has been such a force for so long.  I would not have been upset with a "Big Ben" win.  Congratulations to the Packers.  If there is a football season next year (contract negotiations), the Patriots will win it all!  No ifs, ands, or buts.  Mark my words!! Chisel it in stone!

"Truck Day" was yesterday.  As I look out to my snow-covered RV, trailer, garage roof and yard snow piled high, I find it a great relief that "Truck Day" is here.  What is "Truck Day"?  The truck was loaded in Boston at Fenway Park with all the necessary equipment for spring training.  It is now on the road to Florida.  Hoooraay!!  Now let's get winter over and melt this snow.  I'm looking forward to the end of March when spring training games are being played.  It can't come soon enough for me.

After last week's post with a lot of my hates (winter, snow, cold, salads, etc.), I received a note from my niece Kathy in Indy.  I had mentioned that areas of the country were having problems with ice.  She told me they had severe ice problems.  This resulted in three days off from school.  This was not uncommon as Kim and family in Eureka, Illinois also had school closed for three days (including Eureka College).  A severe winter is definitely upon us.  Ugh!!

I've bloviated enough for this blog.  I'm looking for a week with no added snow.  I'm ready for spriiing!  Please come soon!!

Until next time.

Toodle Pip!  Derf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sister Deb says,
Now you know why I moved to Florida!!
75 degrees today!! Really nice!