Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Classic Rock Knowledge

I do not know much about rock music.  If I were to compete in a contest to identify the name of the artist performing a certain song, I would probably finish toward the bottom of my age group.

Lew, however, is a classic rock aficionado.  After ten years of marriage to him, I have learned a little bit.

This became apparent this morning.

I was listening to the radio, and the trivia question for the morning was (and I'm paraphrasing):  "42 years ago today Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, and Steve Winwood formed the band Blind Faith.  Of what band were Eric and Ginger previously members?"

I knew the answer!  I knew the answer!  I knew the answer!

Lew wasn't in the room to share this joyous occasion with me, so I figured I would make it the subject of today's post.

Hooray!

I knew the answer!

(Postscript:  Do you know?  I will give the answer in the first comment under this post.)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Cream.

Then the radio station played one of Cream's songs..."Sunshine of Your Love."

Lew said...

I remember when that song, Sunshine of Your Love, was playing on the radio. First time I heard it I was hooked and bought the album "Disraeli Gears". That album is on my Ipod today, 43 years later.