Thursday, February 10, 2011

Toast Tongs

My husband recently asked me if we had any toast tongs.

I had never heard of toast tongs.  I figured that they must be tongs used for removing toast from a toaster or toaster oven.  (Brilliant!)  And I learned that they are made of wood.

And, no, we didn't have any.

So, today I went to a large, well-known discount store to look for toast tongs.  I did not wish to pay a lot for them.

I found some for $2.97...plus Maine's 5% sales tax.

The tag just says that they are "Tongs."
They are "Made from durable beechwood."
"Hand wash."
Oh....and "Made in China."

What a productive shopping trip.

There will be no more hot-hot-HOT fingers at "Lew's Breakfast Bistro!"

(Postscript:  "Lew's Breakfast Bistro" is Lew's little area at work where he has his own set-up for coffee and breakfast.  It is not a real dining establishment, so please do not try to go eat there!)

2 comments:

Emily T. said...

Did you happen upon a potato masher while you were out?? Im just saying.... ;)

Tracy said...

I DID see a potato masher, but I didn't buy it. My mother has one now, so we can all use hers!