Friday, February 25, 2011

Three Week Checkup

Three weeks ago I bragged on this blog about how I had finally started my novel.

Number of words written since then:  Zero.

I had no clue what I was doing.  I had made the decision to write in the first person, and I figured that I was all set. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

There is SO MUCH MORE to writing a novel, gentle readers.

Although there are some people who write a first draft of a novel by the seat of their pants, I have come to the conclusion that I am not "some people."  I need to do a lot more planning.

By now you may be asking, "So, has she done anything pertaining to the novel over the last three weeks?"

The answer is, "YES!"

I have been reading a very helpful book about writing fiction -- novels, in particular.  I am taking notes as I read, and the (small) creative section of my brain has been whirring.  So, even though I have nothing new on paper, I have made great progress.

And that first page that I wrote three weeks ago?  It will probably be a goner!

No comments: