Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dad: Unedited XXXII

(As you read Dad's post, it will become apparent to you that he wrote it over the course of the morning.  And for the record, I personally have not seen the squirrel.  Enjoy! -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  Hoooraah, a cold snowless week!!!

Missed Josh's game, but they won again.  I understand Josh hit a 3-run homer!  Congratulations Josh!

As I look out my window I see a gray squirrel wandering around on Lew's deck.  The creature seems to be looking for a way to jump on the roof.  He/She just jumped off into the snow so I'm going out to put some walnuts on the deck.

The nuts are now out there for Mr(s). Squirrel.  I'll sit here and watch for the beast to return.  No sighting yet!!

We all survived another Valentine's Day without any major expenditures!  My secret wish for Valentine's Day didn't materialize once again.  Maybe next year.

No - No - I'm not about to reveal my wish.  (No, it is not the 1800-pound chocolate moose.)

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to see a newborn gorilla on television and via the Internet.  My thoughts digressed to my dad.  I am sure if he saw such a picture he would say:  "I'd like to have a baby gorilla."  After seeing how cute this animal is, I agree with him.  However, in a few months the beast would become too large and uncontrollable.  But for a few months, it would be fun to have the little creature around, just to watch him/her grow and mature.  Then to the zoo!

No squirrel sighting yet!!  The walnuts are still there!

All of New England was happy to see Tom Brady receive the A.P. award as the NFL's offensive player of the year.  It was, I believe, the first time anyone had received a unanimous (50) vote.  Much rather have the "Lombardi Trophy."  A couple years ago Brady won the award with 49 votes.  The other vote went to Brett Favre.  Imagine that!

No squirrel sighting yet!

We're looking forward to a vocal concert this evening which will include Zachary as a major participant.  Then he will be one of ten storytellers tomorrow evening as he spins a 'yarn' for parents and friends.  More about these later.

No squirrel sighting yet!

This concert tonight will require us to use our recording skills.  We do not want to miss the last "Jeopardy" with the two great champs against the computer.  I hope you all watched the shows.  It was quite interesting.  I don't understand how it works but I am impressed.  Also, spouse must not miss "Idol" and "Survivor."  "Survivor" has a young lady from Maine as a participant.  She is a former Miss Maine.  We wish her well.

No squirrel sighting yet!

No squirrel sighting yet!

Until next time.

Toodle Pip!  Derf.

P.S.  No squirrel sighting yet!  The walnuts are still there.

P.P.S.  SQUIRREL SIGHTING!  12:45 P.M.  EATING WALNUTS!!  Gone -- back again -- must be storing nuts.

(Postscript:  Tracy here.  If you would like to see the baby gorilla on YouTube, here's the link:  First Big Steps for Tiny the Gorilla....)

No comments: