Monday, February 21, 2011

When Worlds Collide

While we were out to breakfast on Saturday morning, I ran into a college friend that I hadn't seen in years.  She walked right by our table and we both did a double-take.  Recognition did indeed occur, and she came over to me and we gave each other a huge hug.  It was so great to see her!

Later that same day while shopping at Sam's, I ran into a gal that I used to work with.  Again, hugs all around.

The phenomenon of seeing people in the "not usual" setting has always been interesting to me.  Even if it's someone that I might see quite often, bumping into them elsewhere is very exciting!  It's a special treat.  It's a good outcome of "when worlds collide."

This week is winter vacation for our local school systems.  Our pastor's son Nathan (a senior in high school) went to visit my sister Kim's family in Illinois.  Talk about worlds colliding!

Eureka, Illinois will never be the same.

No comments: