Saturday, October 1, 2011

An October Shower

If April showers bring May flowers,
What do October showers bring?

Baby gifts!

Emily's baby shower was today.  I was asked to bring the favors.  That meant a panic text message from me to my sister Debbie.  I knew that she would have a good idea, and she did not disappoint.

Debbie volunteered to pick up the supplies for me so that I could make the favors.  Shortly after she volunteered to do this, I got the following text message from her:
"I would love to make the favors unless you have your heart set on doing them."
What I heard when I read her text to Lew:
"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

What I heard when I read her text to Mom:
"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

What I heard when I read her text to Carole:
"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

I have yet to ask Debbie if she typed that message with a straight face.  :)

My reply (of course):
"You are blessed among women!!! Knock yourself out making those favors!  THANK YOU!"
Emily received many wonderful things today. There were lots of "oohs" and "aahs." So much cute stuff all in one place.

And now it is time to bring on the baby!

:)     :)     :)     :)     :)     :)     :)     :)     :)     :)    

1 comment:

Emily T. said...

Many thanks to Miss Debbie for the wonderful favors and gifts! You were missed but I appreciate it all immensely!