Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dad 67: Derf from Illinois - Week 4

(I just got home from having lunch with Emily, and what did I find in my e-mail?  Today's Derf entry!  I do love being able to copy and paste.  As for Emily, no sign of baby yet -- except for the big bulge!  Any day now, any day now....  In the meantime, enjoy Dad's post.  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!

This will be my last post from the Midwest (Eureka, Illinois). Come Sunday afternoon, Spouse and I will be on the road in a Northeast direction that will lead us back to Scarborough, Maine. I really thought we would be thrown out prior to our scheduled departure time, but it didn’t happen. We still have a couple more performances to observe, including Joe’s Eureka College Choir singing at a local church this coming Sunday. We will attend that service, before departing, to hear Kaelen sing a duet with fellow choir member, Sara. Looking forward to that!

Debbie finally let us know that Josh’s football team is still searching for a win, while Zack’s teams completed two wins on Saturday.

Sunday I had the opportunity to sing at Eureka Bible Church with our Henry family. Joe, Kim and Kaelen were in good voice, but Kelsey had to sit out with a bad case of laryngitis. We missed her!

We sang five songs as time flew by for us. As for our captive audience, they survived to live for another day. Pastor Tom Swanson has given me the opportunity to sing when I visit EBC. I don’t always take him up on the offer, but did this year. It was great to sing with family again. There is no greater joy in life than standing with family members and singing gospel music to a receptive audience. Thank you EBC (Tom).

Attending EBC Sunday was Andy Studebaker, a member of the NFL. His team had the bye weekend. He plays defense for the Kansas City Chiefs. In a previous blog, I mentioned Andy as I am familiar with his parents. I’ve seen Andy several times and I finally decided to meet him. I was very pleased and told him I watched for him in all KC clips and will root for him except when playing the Patriots. I’m looking forward to that Monday night football game in Foxboro later this year. Watch KC for number “96”. That will be Andy!

We ate lunch at Busy Corner! We always have a family meal at the Goodfield restaurant. I have a baseball cap that I frequently wear in Maine that says Busy Corner! We were joined Sunday by Ali, Kelsey’s friend who visited us in Maine this past summer. Good to see Ali again. Ali is head cheerleader for Kelsey’s crew and also a “pit” band member for head drum major Kelsey’s band. Friends!

We also had a visit from newlyweds, Erik and Emily Swanson. Erik is Pastor Tom and wife Lynn’s son. We’ve known Erik for many years, as he has been and is a very good Henry family friend. We had a nice visit.

Spent today visiting the pet store buying Cocoa much food and treats. He is now supplied for the next few years, or until he runs out.

Next time I’ll sum up our last week here in Illinois and our trip home. I might even have a monkey story.

Until Next Time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

P.S. Sister Jean is now on Facebook. Welcome to the world!

No comments: