Monday, October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo is short for "National Novel Writing Month."  This event is held each November.  The challenge is to write 50,000 words by the end of the month.

With some trepidation, I have decided to participate in NaNoWriMo this year.  At the end of each day, I will update my total word count on the NaNoWriMo website.  Once I hit the 50,000 word count, there is a verification process on the website.  The prize is ... Ta Da! ... a Winner's Certificate.  (The real prize, of course, is a finished novel.  It will be subject to much editing, but it's a really good start!)

The event website has a "buddy" section.  I have one "buddy" so far -- a friend from college who participated last year.  So I'm glad that I have at least one other person to commiserate with.  And I'm sure that Mainely Tracy readers will get their fill of how I'm doing.... LOL!

If you're interested in learning more about NaNoWriMo -- or maybe even participating yourself -- check out the website at:  http://www.nanowrimo.org/

I start tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Aunt Jean said...

So glad to hear you are getting back to that novel. Can you give us a little hint of the plot????? Can't wait until November 30 to hear you have most of it written. Blessings!