Monday, October 3, 2011

Another New Schedule

Now that October is here, the summer is officially over.

Really over.

So it's time for me to figure out what Lew is calling my "next move" -- that is, "What am I going to do to earn some money?"  I've been looking at job ads and, quite frankly, none are calling out to me.  Lew says the longer you're out of work, the less you want to go back.  Maybe that's true.  (OK, it's definitely true!)

Still, it's more than not wanting to go back:  It's not wanting to make the same mistakes all over again!

Plus, I sense that there is something "bigger" for me up ahead.

I've joked -- well, partly joked -- about wanting to write a novel.  And why can't I do that?  Good question.  There's nothing stopping me.  I have (what I think is) a great story idea.  I believe that I ultimately have the ability.  And, at the moment, I definitely have the time....

Ohhh... time.  Somehow "the tyranny of the urgent" takes over and I find myself at the end of the day, with no writing done.  I made a schedule a while back -- thinking that it would give me some structure -- but it didn't work.  I think I made it too structured.  There wasn't much room for forgiveness, so when I got "off" I didn't return to it.

So today I approached my schedule differently.  Sure, there's some structure, but it's also more in line with how I actually function best.  And writing it down helps make it more "official."

Want to see my new schedule?  You'll have to wait.  I need to find out if it works first.  :)

No comments: