Friday, September 30, 2011

Thank You, Tito

I need to get the writing of this post over with and move on....

By now everyone knows that my beloved Red Sox had the worst collapse in the history of the world and failed to make the playoffs.

On the bright side, October will be a whole lot less stressful for me.

I do feel bad that Terry Francona ("Tito") will no longer be the manager of the team.  The announcement was made today.

Francona managed the Red Sox for eight seasons -- from 2004-2011.  The team won the World Series twice during that time -- 2004 and 2007.  Boston fans will be forever grateful!

Best wishes, Tito.  I will miss seeing you chew on your bubblegum as you rock back and forth in the dugout.  I hope that your next team doesn't bring you the angst that the 2011 Red Sox did....

And now all I have to say is, "Go, Patriots!"

No comments: