Friday, September 2, 2011

Vacation: Officially Over

Today was Lew's last vacation day for 2011.  He always has the weekends off and Monday is Labor Day, so he doesn't have to go back to work until Tuesday.  We are still in vacation mode!

The day started with Lew's buddy Steve bringing bagels.  We sat out on the deck and enjoyed the beautiful morning.

After doing a few errands, Lew met his buddy Dick for a nine-hole round of golf.  I did laundry and some reading while he was gone.

Hamburgers for dinner.  Yum!

We were watching the Red Sox game just now, but they are already behind 5-0.  So Lew is watching the latest episode of "American Chopper" while I work on my laptop.  Maybe we'll go back to the Sox.  But maybe not!  We don't consider ourselves "fair weather fans," but it's painful for us to watch them lose.  (The good thing is that the NESN HD channel is working again.  It had been out for a few days after Irene.  NESN is the cable station co-owned by the Red Sox and the Bruins.)

Now that vacation is almost over, I suppose that I will soon have to abandon my summer mindset.  But maybe not!

No comments: