Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cat (Dis)Obedience

One day last week -- Friday, I think -- Pepper happened to be up in my bedroom while I was reading on my bed.

She was curled up near my feet for a while, but then she decided to explore a bit.

I was watching her out of the corner of my eye.  When I saw that she was about to jump up onto my ironing board, I said "NO" quite loudly.

(There aren't too many places in the house where Pepper is not allowed to go, but my ironing board is one of them.  I'm not sure why that is, especially since the ironing board doesn't see a whole lot of use....)

After my "NO," Pepper wandered around a bit more.  Then she was going to try again.

"NO!"

More wandering.

This happened a couple more times before Pepper finally decided to show a blatant disregard for my wishes.  I got up off the bed and removed her from the ironing board with a resounding, "NO!!"

After she jumped up on the board for the third time, she started to cower a bit as I approached.  I still gave her a big "NO!!!"

I figured she wouldn't try again.

And she didn't.

So... I won!

I presided over our 10-pound kitty-cat.

(Postscript:  No animals were harmed during this experience.)

No comments: