Sunday, September 18, 2011

More Football

Josh had a football game at 1:00 today.  The weather was beautiful, so Lew and I decided to go watch him play.  Yes, we are "fair weather" fans when it comes to the weather itself.

Josh's team had a rough day.  They ended up losing, 34 to...  well, let's just say the opposing team would have won with only one point.

Josh is #71 and he played pretty much the whole game.  Despite the loss, it was still fun to watch him.  Please don't ask me what position(s) he played.  Other than the quarterback, I really can't tell which position is which.

One thing that I do understand about football is the scoring, so I must share an interesting exchange that I had with my father during the Chargers-Patriots game today....

The Patriots were ahead 20-14 in the 4th quarter and I said that I'd like to see the Pats score another touchdown -- and go for the two-point conversion.  Dad commented that he didn't think they would go for the two points.

When the Patriots scored their next touchdown, I was over on my side of the house watching the game with Lew.  They went for the two-point conversion!  They got it!!  That gave them a 28-14 lead.

My father told my mother, "Tracy is going to be over here soon."  And I was.  Now why did he think that?  Ha ha!

Still gloating....  :)

No comments: