Monday, September 19, 2011

Still Trying

About a month ago I wrote a letter to a major automobile company regarding our experience with one of their vehicles.  I even attached a copy of my blog post -- $1,692.59 -- so that they could get a feel for our frustration.

Lew received a form letter about a week ago.  My name appeared nowhere on the response, even though I was the person who had written and signed the letter to which they were replying.  Thank you, "major automobile company," for acknowledging my existence....

Of course, the letter was another "stiff arm" on their part.  But is this the end of the matter?

No way.  My response to their response is ready to go out in tomorrow's mail.

My favorite part of my response follows.  I have made a half-hearted attempt to protect the identity of the major automobile company.

Perhaps you don’t know how to proceed. Here’s my suggestion:
  1. Ask someone who knows the mechanics of the vehicle why we had to replace the head at less than 58,000 miles.
  2. The “someone who knows” will either have a satisfactory answer as to “why” or they will indicate that a Ford product should not have had this problem so soon.
  3. If there is a satisfactory answer as to “why” and you insist that the problem we had with the vehicle should have been expected, then PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO US. We deserve a straightforward answer.
  4. If a Ford product should not have had such a significant problem so early, then please provide the requested financial assistance as indicated below.

I hope that they send the requested $1,692.59 soon.

But please don't worry about me.

I am not holding my breath.

No comments: