Friday, September 9, 2011

Mark Schultz at OOB

Just got home from seeing Mark Schultz in concert down at the Seaside Pavilion in Old Orchard Beach.

Lew had received four tickets from a fellow at work.  My father, Aunt Debbie, Lew and I went.  None of us had ever heard of Mark Schultz before.

I recognized two of the songs, but that was it.  Dad recognized one.  I don't think that Lew or my aunt recognized any.

Our ignorance is interesting (well, remotely interesting) because Mark Schultz is well-known in the contemporary Christian music scene.  (In fact, tonight's concert was sold out!)  We are more familiar with southern gospel music.

Lew and I saw quite a few people there that we knew.  I was chatting with one of our good friends from church, and he was surprised I had never heard of Mark Schultz.  I asked him if he had ever heard of Ernie Haase & Signature Sound.  He hadn't.  And I felt a little better!

So, we got ourselves an education tonight. We're glad we went.

(Postscript:  I need to give a shout out to my nephew Joshua.  He became a teenager today.  Happy Birthday, Josh!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel proud of myself because I am very familiar with Mark Schultz and know a lot of his songs. I also know who Ernie Hasse & Signature Sounds are (thanks Aunt Debbie) and know a lot of their songs.

Kathy