Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vacation Day #5

(I asked Dad if he would write Thursday's post this week instead of Wednesday's, and he agreed.  So for all of you Derf fans, please be sure to check in tomorrow!)

Today's post could be titled, "Bill & Stacey's and Lew & Tracy's Excellent Adventure."  Bill and Stacey are friends who also happen to be on vacation this week.

Our day together started with a mid-morning walk on the beach.  Then we went to Old Orchard Beach for a Pie & Fry lunch.  And a funny thing happened while we were at OOB....

....We had gotten our pizza slices and were sitting around the fountain, chatting and eating.  Then I was startled to feel something invade my personal space on the left side of my head.  It was a quick movement which actually scraped my ear.... and then grabbed my pizza right off of my plate.  IT WAS A SEAGULL!!!  A SEAGULL ATTACKED ME AND STOLE MY PIZZA!!!  I would have cried over the loss of the pizza, except I was laughing too hard and of course I was thinking, "Oh, what a great story for my blog."  (The slice of pizza was gone in approximately two seconds, as about four other seagulls joined the frenzy.)

After the pizza fiasco, we walked up onto the Pier.  The Pier has been taken over by tacky gift shops and the like, so now there is only one very small area on the south side of the Pier from which you can actually stop and look at the scenery.  Here's what we saw:

Old Orchard Beach.  Oh, my goodness!

After inhaling Pier Fries, we came back to our house for a bit.  Stacey, Lew, and I all stared at the backs of our eyelids while Bill played our keyboard.  It was a lovely nap time, and Bill's music was beautiful.

Then Lew and I got the call we had been waiting on for days:  Our car was FINALLY repaired!  We went to pick it up.

After a scrumptious dinner at the the new Subway, the four of us then went over to Higgins Beach.  Bill and Stacey's daughter, Stephanie, met us over there.  Bill, Lew, and Stephanie went fishing.  Stacey and I watched.


Lew, Stephie, and Bill.  But no fish.

An unsuccessful, although fun, fishing expedition must always be followed up with ice cream.

We are now watching the Red Sox.  Bill, Lew, and I are watching, that is.  Stacey's eyes are shut.

Bill just reminded me about the water.  There were three separate times that we meant to get water out of the refrigerator before leaving the house today.  We remembered to do this exactly zero out of three times.

We had a wonderful day with wonderful friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog tonight and I laughed so hard over the seagull and the pizza. I have often worried about being attacked by seagulls and it finally has. Maybe a book plot. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Kathy