Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beach Walk Quiz

Another beautiful vacation day here in Southern Maine.

Lew and I took a lovely walk on the beach around 4:00 this afternoon.  We saw a lot of interesting things... some of which were due to Irene.

A multiple choice quiz for you.... Which of the following did we NOT see on our walk today?
  1. a live hermit crab
  2. beautiful (and empty) snail shells
  3. a message in a bottle: "I survived Irene August 2011"
  4. intact clam shells, with the clams still inside
  5. a little, unleashed dog terrorizing everyone
  6. the Atlantic Ocean
  7. none of the above (that is, we saw all of them)
And the correct answer is....

"3." -- We did not see a message in a bottle, although I have always wanted to find one!

I surely hope that nobody answered "6."  Ha ha!

I had never seen a complete clam unit on the beach before.  We saw several today!  Must have been a result of Irene.

And here's a photo of the snail shells:

No comments: