Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dad 59: Grandkid News; What Earthquake?

(Woo hoo!  I was glad when I received Dad's post. Enjoy!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  Coming to you from the great Northeast.  Some people around here claim to have felt the tremble from the earthquake, but I personally did not feel any such tremors (neither did spouse).  Perhaps this is due to my sense of balance always being off anyway.  However, at just about earthquake time we heard a crash outside and had a flicker in our lights.  Not sure if this was connected with the earthquake or not.

I've had kind of a down week as I lost my night conversationalist (is that a word?), as grandkid Kaelen returned home Monday for her junior year (wow) at Eureka College (Ronald Reagan's college).  I must admit she picked on me quite a bit but I bucked up and was ready to handle her comments.  I even managed to get some zingers off in her direction.  I call the summer even.  After having Kaelen around for about three months it seems the house is much less full.  Miss you, Kaelen, and we'll see you soon.  Tell Cocoa we'll be there.  I hope your new hairdo goes over well with your friends.  If it doesn't, cross them off your list.

Spent the last couple days getting the motor home ready for travel as opposed to a summer home.  Will get it serviced and stickered in the next couple weeks before leaving home for a visit and to attend niece Heidi's wedding in Indy (Home of the Colts).

We're gearing up for football now as Josh has practiced for the past two weeks and Zack started two days ago.  Josh will be on the 8th grade team and Zack will be on the 5th grade level community service team.  Will have a couple games a week.  Those will keep us busy (it doesn't take much).

We're now waiting for Hurricane Irene to come up the East Coast.  Not sure what it will be like, but we'll keep our nose to the news.

I've cut my post in half this week, so I'll get less pay.  But Tracy will be glad.

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: