Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Domestic Triumph

Lew and I went to a birthday party tonight.  Our good friend Nathan turned 19 today!  (Happy Birthday, Nate!)

We live within walking distance from the parsonage, so Lew and I arrived early.

I volunteered to help Melodie carry stuff outside for the barbecue, and then there was some work to be done in the kitchen.  And I helped!

Yes.... I assisted in food preparation!

Before you get too excited, there was no cooking involved in my tasks.  But I did successfully peel and slice a cucumber.  I was also quite adept at putting Craisins into two delicious salads.  One of the salads was of the cole slaw variety, and I actually got to mix and stir that one up.

I heard Lew warning Melodie about my kitchen skills, but Melodie trusted me anyway.  She likes to live on the edge, I guess.

Debbie, Glen, the boys, Kaelen, and many of our church friends were at the party.  A wonderful time was had by all.

And the cole slaw was superb!

No comments: