Monday, August 29, 2011

After the Hurricane

Around 1:30 a.m. last night (or this morning... whatever), I was awakened by the sound of the wind.  I got up and looked out the window.  Perhaps the dark of night and the residual effects of my recent slumber affected my analysis, but it appeared that the wind was greater than anything that we had experienced yesterday.  I felt it necessary to tell Lew about it.  His response was unintelligible.  He claims that he remembers this exchange.

I crawled back into bed and got up again several minutes later.  I had heard a loud vehicle go by, and I wanted to try to see what it was.  I missed it.  But wait!  I heard another one coming.  I watched, but it didn't come.  Then I realized that the loud noises I had heard were not cars but even bigger gusts of wind!  The tree in our front yard was swaying back and forth and back and forth.

I crawled back into bed and snuggled up to Lew.  "It's really windy out," I told him.  He grunted.  I took that as a lack of concern on his part.  If he wasn't worried, why should I be?  I eventually fell asleep.

When I finally woke up this morning (at 7:30!), the sun was out in a perfectly blue sky.  Not one cloud.  A beautiful morning....

And a beautiful day.

No comments: