Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Day Fit For a Slug

Lew and I met our friends for breakfast.

After we got home, Lew hopped on his motorcycle and rode to Gorham to visit his mother.  I stayed home and sat around.  When I wasn't reading, I had my eyes shut.

When Lew returned, he suggested a walk on the beach.  He indicated waiting about an hour before going, but I said we better go now while I was in agreement (and awake).  So, we did.

After we got home, I sat around.  When I wasn't reading, I was paying attention to the Red Sox game.  After losing to the Yankees last night, the Sox pulled out a win against them today.  The rubber game of the series will be tomorrow night.  Go Sox.

I managed to finish the book I've been reading all week:  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  (I'll be writing about it on my book blog within the next couple days.)  This was the 7th -- and final -- book in the series.  Lew and I have watched all of the movies based on the first six books.  We know that there are two movies to cover the 7th book, and we'll watch them both when the 2nd one comes out on DVD.  Then we will feel quite cultured!

No comments: